- Job Search
- Work for Us
- Careers Advice
- Meeting Rooms
Since our inception in 2005 we have run an annual team building event every year come rain or shine. So what makes our Annual Team Building event so special?
The event is generally a 4 day, 3 night trip away in the UK held at the beginning of summer which gives us all a chance to get away from our desks and get to know each other better! So why do our team find it motivational?
- Loads of fun activities – During the course of the McCarthy Team Build event we get involved in loads of fun activities. Some examples of the activities we have undertaken include: Dragoon Boat Racing, Horse Riding, Hover Crafting, Archery, Abseiling, Quad Biking, Assault Courses, Scavenger Hunts, Soap Box Kart Racing, White Water Rafting, Treasure Hunts and The Crystal Maze!
- Wow – what a location! - Every year we stay in different locations generally in the beautiful British countryside. Last year we had a country mansion with pool, hot tub, games room and extensive gardens as well as en-suite rooms and huge beds!
- Everyone is involved - Regardless of whether our staff are part time, home based or work in a different location – everyone is invited and gets to take part. On team build you get put into different teams and mixed up quite a lot so that you get to spend time with people that you might not normally spend a lot of time with.
- The event is tailor made for us in house - Kate and Ian our MD and Sales Director spend hours working out what the event should look like and plan it meticulously and we all really appreciate the effort that they put into organising a first class event that it is tailor made to consider everyone in the business.
- It is all top secret until the day - The event, its theme, where it will be held and what will be involved is always kept top secret every year so there is a plenty of suspense in the build up to the big day!
- Amazing Food! – The food that is provided is truly delicious and much of the time cooking is done by members of the team with us all pitching in to cook up a barbecue, Ian’s Sunday breakfasts are legendary and we often get treated to 3 course banquets from external caterers too!
- We focus on our values and what makes us different - During the course of the weekend we celebrate our differences and maintain a focus on our core values as a business. We do this by having a ‘team build awards ceremony’ where we have awards such as ‘values leader for the weekend’, ‘funniest moment’, ‘fear conqueror’, ‘best dressed’ etc.
- We get to dress up and feel special - We often have a black tie style Awards night on the Saturday night where everyone gets dressed up and looking glamourous. We get treated to amazing food and lots of free flowing champagne!
- We get to compete against one another in a good way! Every team build we are split into different reams and compete against one another for various tasks and points. It is fun as it engenders a healthy team spirit amongst each group and makes it more fun!
- We get to be silly! - Who doesn’t like being a big kid? On team build we have had so much fun doing pantomimes, musicals, games, singing, karaoke, rapping, dressing up and taking part in things like ‘the great British Bake Off’, ‘Britain’s Got Talent, or ‘The Apprentice’ – all McCarthy Style!