- Job Search
- Work for Us
- Careers Advice
- Meeting Rooms
Giving Something Back
WE HAVE RAISED OVER £103,000 FOR CHARITY OVER THE past 13 YEARS!
At McCarthy we are committed to supporting both Local and National charities. At our annual Team Building event we vote for specific charities and make a democratic decision as to which Charity Partners we are going to proactively support in the coming year. We only work with reputable charities who are transparent and accountable with their funds and we always make sure that we can make a real difference in the fund raising we undertake.
For the last 8 years one of the charities we have partnered with is a local children’s charity called JUMP. The Charity works with children with life limiting illnesses to provide them and their families with photographic and video memories, often at the end of their life. The whole company have been involved with the charity and not only have we raised over £50,000 for the charity to date, we have also offered them a variety of services such as providing a new website, training & mentoring services and ad hoc business advice. Additionally, our owner, Kate has been asked to become a Patron in recognition of the difference we have made to the charity. The work we have done with JUMP has seen them deliver over double the number of memories they were previously able to and therefore made a true difference to the lives of terminally ill children and their families.
In addition to JUMP, we have also supported other charities that are close to home, recognising the impact that these have had on some of the consultants who work for us as well as other local community causes. Other charities that we have supported include;
- Walking for Rhinos - Annual Rhino Walk in South Africa to raise awareness for the plight of the species and to gather funds to support their conservation and protection.
- Cleft Lip Pallet Association – A Charity close to home due to their support of one of our Consultant’s son who was born with a cleft pallet
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital – We have raised funds and provided prizes for various events, this has helped a number of the team who have been supported by Alder Hey to feel like they have been able to say Thank You.
- Bolton Urban Outreach – last year we have provided 600 bottles of Schloer for Christmas Day lunch for families that are challenged financially. We have also attended the centre to pack these meals and help practically. This promoted a real sense of achievement for our team and genuine pride that we have made Christmas special for families experiencing hardship.
- Children in Need – This year we all dressed up we created our own Mannequin Challenge video which we promoted on social media. This was great fun and a team effort by everyone in the office! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJvGoJInII&feature=youtu.be
- Cancer Charities - We have also sought to support include various Cancer Charities and this year we have held a breast cancer awareness day and a MacMillan Coffee Morning as well as 5 of our male employees growing Moustaches for ‘Movember’.
- Croft Pre School – Our local Charity Pre-school who offers cheaper childcare solutions to families - we have raised money, provided HR support, financial advice including our finance manager training their staff member and auditing accounts, we have also provided I.T equipment which was much needed.