- Job Search
- Work for Us
- Careers Advice
- Meeting Rooms
Job Title: Retail Assistant Manager
Location: East Barnet
Salary: From £31,300 to £38,170 per annum
Do you want to be part of the fastest growing supermarket in the UK?
Aldi has an incredible 700 Stores across the UK and theyre not stopping there! They will increase this number to 1000 stores by 2022. Aldi is an accomplished company winning the Which? Best Supermarket 2012, 2013 and 2015. Not only have they won these fantastic awards, they were awarded Grocer of the Year 2016 and also picked up another 40 trophies for their own brand products making Aldi the most awarded retailer in the UK. On top of these awards, Aldi is also one of the main sponsors of the very successful GB Olympic team.
Aldi is on the lookout for an experienced Assistant Store Manager to run and help manage their East Barnet store and help contribute to their growing success. As an Aldi Assistant Store Manager, no day will be the same. One day you could be managing and coaching a team, the next you might be managing stock movement and freshness. You will be expected to deputise for the Store Manager when needed, implementing and executing all company instructions.
Aldi is a company that loves to consistently award their employees, this is why they offer a guaranteed salary increase for the first five years of employment, with Assistant Store Managers being able to earn up to a maximum of £38,170 per year.
THE ROLE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, coaching and developing a team
- Ensure customer satisfaction is delivered through efficient use of the team, and driving retail store standards and availability
- Lead and manage the retail store team
- Ensure the retail store complies with all health and safety procedures
- Motivate, train and develop your team, identifying development needs and stars for the future
- Plan and prioritise all store operational tasks to achieve excellence
- Manage and oversee all necessary store administration
- Manage stock movement, freshness, store availability and stock integrity
- Drive the store to meet and exceed all targets
- Deputise for the Store Manager, implement and execute all company instructions
- Understand the customer of your store, anticipate their needs and ensure they experience best in class customer service
- Ensure staff levels are adequate to achieve core business day to day goals and meet customer expectations
- Manage the overall replenishment process
Whatever your background, you will be ready to meet the challenge of driving one of the most successful retail stores and your own retail management career to further success and high rewards. Our client wants to meet people capable of leading and motivating their teams to achieve ambitious performance targets. You will understand the emphasis they put on customer satisfaction and you will be a highly effective team player who works closely with your retail Store Manager.
- Experience of retail management or food retail would be an advantage, although any hospitality, leisure or retail management background will be considered
- Ability to motivate a team to deliver is essential
- Ability to lead and work pro-actively within a team
- Experience of managing a service focused environment with a passion for setting and achieving results through yourself and others
- Strong communication skills
- Dedicated to a customer service culture
- Committed to retail operational excellence
- Can demonstrate a genuine desire for people
- Problem-solving and decision making comes naturally
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Barnet, Southgate, Enfield, Cheshunt, Edgware, Holloway, Edgware
KEYWORDS: Assistant Manager, Department Manager, Supervisor, Team Leader, Retail, Leisure, Hospitality, Store Manager, Deputy Manager, Section Manager, Trading Manager.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - Its the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
By applying for this role, you are explicitly consenting for McCarthy Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at GDPR @ McCarthyRecruitment.com and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: