- Job Search
- Work for Us
- Careers Advice
- Meeting Rooms
General Store Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UKs leading retail brands in a leadership role. Are you an Area Manager, Regional Manager or General Manager looking to join a business with exceptional benefits and bonuses you can fall in love with?
We are looking for positive, approachable and adaptable managers to join one of the biggest household names in Retail. Interested? Then read on.
Our Client is a highly successful retailer who are looking to recruit top talent to grow and continue championing their people.
As a General Store Manager for this iconic retailer, you will ultimately have total responsibility for mentoring and motivating your team to exceed business metrics and expectations.
You will be encouraged and inspired to develop a capable team around you in order to offer high levels of customer service.
- A confident people person who is able to coach, inspire and lead a team to success
- A dynamic and established Manager capable of leading store teams to deliver excellence
- Previous success working in a dynamic environment where a focus on pace and delivery is encouraged
- With a can-do attitude, a naturally confident personality, passion about people and achieving in your role. Your determination and focus to achieve fantastic results will shine through when you talk through your achievements
- You will be articulate and be able to communicate and inspire team members of all backgrounds, accountable for all retail basics, you will love delivering retail excellence
- Previous experience leading a high-volume store / area with a large number of direct reports
- The successful candidate will represent this brand in a positive and motivated manner in line with their strong core values.
- A balanced self-confidence in the ability to lead and direct with vision, a diverse group of colleagues with different skill sets
- A high level of energy and personal passion for the attainment of corporate goals
- Supporting and nurturing a team of diverse individuals, from recruitment to induction and beyond
- Ensure all staff are multi-skilled to complete a wide range of duties and all staff have a sound knowledge of products and services within the business
- Complete yearly performance and progression meetings for staff within agreed time limits
- Maintaining a business that is viewed as the best of British, maximising sales at every opportunity and maintaining positive standards
- Understand customers, anticipating their needs, setting fantastic standards of service
- Identify business levers and actively assist the Regional Manager to keep track of the competition so that the business can respond to change
- Driving customer service standards and exceed customer happiness targets
- Commercially analyse the performance of departments and stores within the region
- Driving change in a positive and engaging way to achieve sales targets
Our client is one of the most successful & widely recognized retailers in the UK, and a true market leader in their field. They have a strong dedication to training and developing their staff and where possible seek to promote from within and offer fantastic opportunities for future progression allowing individuals to craft successful careers.
Commutable Locations: Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham, Northampton, Stamford, Corby, Kettering, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at the office and we will respond to your query.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: