- Job Search
- Work for Us
- Careers Advice
- Meeting Rooms
Store Manager/Assistant Manager
Job Title: Store Manager/Assistant Manager
Salary: £31,770 £59,420 per annum
Aldi is the UKs fifth largest and fastest-growing supermarket with 800 stores and more than 30,000 employees. Aldi was crowned Grocer of the Year 2018 at the Grocer Gold Awards, which celebrate outstanding achievement and practice across the grocery sector. Judges singled out Aldis market-beating growth and its willingness and ability to adapt to the needs of UK shoppers.
Aldi is the official supermarket partner of Team GB and ensures every member of the team has access to fresh healthy Aldi food via monthly shopping vouchers, and that they will learn about the benefits of cooking fresh, healthy food via its Get Set to Eat Fresh education initiative. Aldi has been a partner since 2015 and extended its commitment to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
Aldi is a company that loves to consistently award their employees, this is why they offer a guaranteed salary increase for the first five years of employment.
Assistant Manager: Salary - £31,770 - £38,745 per annum (plus development to Store Manager)
Store Manager: Salary £45,565 - £59,420 per annum
THE ROLE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, coaching and developing a team
- Ensure customer satisfaction is delivered through efficient use of the team, and driving retail store standards and availability
- Lead and manage the retail store team
- Ensure the retail store complies with all health and safety procedures
- Motivate, train and develop your team, identifying development needs and stars for the future
- Plan and prioritise all store operational tasks to achieve excellence
- Manage and oversee all necessary store administration
- Manage stock movement, freshness, store availability and stock integrity
- Drive the store to meet and exceed all targets
- Deputise for the Store Manager, implement and execute all company instructions
- Understand the customer of your store, anticipate their needs and ensure they experience best in class customer service
- Ensure staff levels are adequate to achieve core business day to day goals and meet customer expectations
- Manage the overall replenishment process
Whatever your background, you will be ready to meet the challenge of driving one of the most successful retail stores and your own retail management career to further success and high rewards. Our client wants to meet people capable of leading and motivating their teams to achieve ambitious performance targets. You will understand the emphasis they put on customer satisfaction and you will be a highly effective team player who works closely with your retail Store Manager.
- Experience of retail management or food retail would be an advantage, although any hospitality, leisure or retail management background will be considered
- Ability to motivate a team to deliver is essential
- Ability to lead and work pro-actively within a team
- Experience of managing a service focused environment with a passion for setting and achieving results through yourself and others
- Strong communication skills
- Dedicated to a customer service culture
- Committed to retail operational excellence
- Can demonstrate a genuine desire for people
- Problem-solving and decision making comes naturally
This is a huge opportunity to work and grow within this expanding well known retail business. Experiencing phenomenal growth, there is no stopping their success! This is a superb opportunity to develop your retail management skills in a business that recognises it needs to develop its talent and people to continue their retail success.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Luton, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Wellingborough, Huntingdon, St Neots and Biggleswade
KEYWORDS: Store Manager, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager, Hospitality, Banking, Retail and Leisure.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: