- Job Search
- Work for Us
- Careers Advice
- Meeting Rooms
Job Title: Store Manager
MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO OBAN
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum plus company car & fantastic benefits package
As a Store Manager your role is primarily to take responsibility for managing all areas of the business and driving sales and profitability. In this position you will lead and direct the store team to achieve all targets set for the store, ensuring consistent delivery of profit and the brand. You will represent our client in a positive, motivated and enthusiastic manner in line with their company core values
Experience as a General Store Manager or Store Manager is essential. This is a great opportunity to progress your management skills and have autonomy over your own store with a leading retailer. A passion for customer service and proven track record in managing and leading people, with experience of training and developing a store team through effective performance management is preferred. You will be KPI driven and understand market trends, customers and the competition.
- Must be willing to relocate to Reading/Basingstoke Area
- Achieve sales and profits targets
- Analysis of profit and loss accounts
- To manage store operations so that customer proposition is delivered through store systems and procedures
- To plan, organise and execute in store systems that comply with company processes, core values and best practice
- Manage the set up and maintenance of seasonal guidelines and planograms to ensure the everyday delivery of customer service
- To recruit, train and develop the store team to consistently provide product availability and responsive, efficient, friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- Responsible for optimising the performance of the store by enhancing the offer in line with competitor activity, local needs and seasonal opportunities whilst delivering the customer service
- Manage, deliver and exceed required level of sales as set by the company
- Manage stock management systems, delivery of productivity and shrinkage targets
- To ensure that at all times the store is safe and fully compliant with Health, Safety and Fire policy, procedures and retail legislative requirements
- Be able to manage change and effectively formulates action plans in ambiguous scenarios
- Strong vision and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Encourages personal development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop a customer service focused environment
- Coaching and mentoring management style
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Commercial drive and awareness
- Ability to prioritise, anticipate changes and implement recommendations
- Gains commitment from team and maximises contributions from others
- Supportive yet persuasive management style
Our client is recognised for choice, style and customer service across the wider home enhancement market. It sells over 30,000 products across DIY and decorating, home and garden ranges, and has a growing internet offering. Serving over 70 million customers per year through its stores offering customers the convenience of home delivery for bulky, high-value items.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at the office and we will respond to your query.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: